We're on a mission to fix failed and late payments before they happen.
Want to play a key role in the future of payments, building something exciting that will be used by hundreds of thousands of people? We’re hiring two Backend Engineers (Node.js + TypeScript) to help us gear-up to launch, then grow to a $100m+ business (and beyond!).
- Prove your ability to build something amazing that will be used by thousands
- Enjoy and shape our fun culture as one of our first 5 team-members
- Work on something exciting with a fun team of like-minded people
- Opportunity to grow your role with the business
- Be at the forefront of Fintech with the Open Banking and CDR wave
- Competitive salary for start-up business with the opportunity for equity incentives
- Role open to Senior, Mid or Jr level candidates
Payble is a smart payment startup gearing up for launch in Australia. We empower consumers to have more control of their bills; our mission is preventing the 75m failed or late payments that happen in Australia every year. We’re helping consumers avoid the anxiety and costs of overdue bills, and helping businesses reduce their customer management and collection expenses.
Payble works by leveraging Open Banking technology to validate funds are available in a consumers’ bank account before a bill is due, reducing failed or late payments.
We also provide consumers with an easy way to add funds or change payment details, so more bills are paid on time. We’re not a BNPL – where a customer needs more time to pay, Payble does clever things like offer bill smoothing, payment extensions or a fee-free instalment plan. You can get a taste of what we do at payble.com.au.
Journey so far
Payble recently raised $1m investment from x15ventures, CommBank’s ventures business, and is backed by listed Australian Fintech Identitii as major shareholder.
We’ve secured our first customer and are really excited about our path ahead. We’re led by a founding team of 3 with a record of success which includes successful previous exits. We have a small but strong team and a uniquely compelling market offering, and determined to deliver a fun culture where every team-member genuinely enjoys their time working together
About the role
We’re looking for a two Backend Engineers to join us as we prepare for launch – you’ll be joining the founding team on an incredible journey from launch through to rapid growth. This role is open to Senior, Mid or Jr level candidates.
This is an amazing ground-floor opportunity to join a funded startup, working with the founders to grow the business to $100m+ in 2 years and then beyond, while having a lot of fun along the way.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Build something exciting that delivers real value to real people
- Work collaboratively and have fun with their team
- Grow their role as our business expands
Technically, we’re working on these challenges:
- Backend – TypeScript, Node.js: Integrating open banking and billing systems to prevent failed payments.
- Operations – AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, Aurora): Create a scalable set of micro-services built leveraging IaC (Terraform).
- Frontend – React, TypeScript, Expo: Create a simple but beautiful user experience. Iterating and experimenting until we have a great product.
What we’re looking for in you
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude
- Genuine enjoyment in building things
- Consumer oriented – need to understand the customer and be able to contribute solutions
- Ability to turn complex problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Passion for technology and learning new skills
Things we rate highly (nice to haves, but definitely not essential)
- Experience growing from greenfield to production
- Understanding and exposure to Event Sourcing and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
Sound like a match?
E-mail your CV and a few lines on why you’ll enjoy working with Payble to email@example.com
- Ground-floor opportunity at a funded startup
- Create something amazing that will be used by thousands
- Grow your role with the business (open to Sr, Mid or Jr)
- Equity opportunity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.